IStructE's Structural rehabilitation conference
Date and time
8 December 2022, 09:30 - 17:00 BST
IStructE HQ and online
In-person from £199 + VAT // Online from £155 + VAT // Student from £39 + VAT
Ensuring ageing bridges and transport infrastructure are maintained safely is a complex challenge requiring advanced structural engineering expertise. The implications of an asset needing repair or replacement are vast and wide-reaching.
Through case studies, technical presentations and discussion this conference will bring together structural engineers to share best practice and advances in technology and techniques. Sessions will focus on assessment and diagnostics, monitoring and strengthening for the rehabilitation and life extension of bridges and ageing infrastructure.
The conference will take place as a hybrid event. Delegates can register to attend in-person at the Institution’s London headquarters or online and enjoy the same opportunities for networking and interaction.
The programme features presentations on:
- Inspection of tunnels using high resolution photography and lasers in London Underground
- Structural reliability and probability-based assessment
- Managing Cast Iron Assets - innovative and alternative solutions past and present in London Underground
- Utilising sophisticated structural analysis methods to maximise retention of existing railway gantries
- Case studies for structural rehabilitation of post-tensioned box girder bridges
Who should attend?
Practicing structural engineers primarily working on bridges and infrastructure projects
Lila Tachtsi - Keynote speaker
Director of Asset Management, National Highways
Group Director - Structures, Tony Gee and Partners
Inspection Review Engineer, London Underground TFL
Dr Roozbeh Shirandami
Lead Engineer Railway Structures, London Underground TFL
Associate, Buro Happold